Thread Challenge – “Catching Dreams”
Sponsored by American & Efird
- There is NO entry fee NOR return shipping fees. Threads used in the contest must be manufactured or distributed by American & Efird. Entries will be included in a special exhibit at the 17th Annual MQS® 2013 in Wichita, Kansas and become a traveling exhibit for American & Efird from May 2013 until June 2014. Entries will be returned to their owners at the end of that one year period.
- The contest is open to everyone except employees of MQS®, IMQA, and American & Efird.
- All work must be the original effort of the entrant.
- The quilting must be done on a longarm/shortarm quilting machine with a track system.
- The thread challenge must be done on black cotton fabric. Binding should be black also. The entry must be an 18” circle (like a traditional DreamCatcher), with a 2” hanging sleeve attached to the back of the quilt. No appliqué, trapunto, dyeing, painting are allowed. Embellishments will be allowed this year, and they may continue beyond the binding. Remember that only A&E threads may be used on the Thread Challenge.
- An artist’s statement of 35 – 50 words must accompany each entry. A list of all types of American & Efird threads used in the entry must be included with the entry form. Entries not accompanied by a statement will be considered incomplete and will be returned to the owner.
- A false back will disqualify your entry. A permanent label should be attached to the back of the quilt that lists the maker’s name, address and phone number.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Awards Celebration at MQS® 2013